Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Lame duck session...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lame duck session...

    I'm going to be majorly pissed if we don't get some big things down before the GOPers can come in a screw everything up - I mean that too, they are coming to the table with no ideas and no substance.

    I expect the DREAM Act to be passed.
    I expect the tax cuts for JUST the middle class to be passed, no compromise.(talking with my grandfather the other day and he said he would not vote for Obama if he compromised on that)
    I expect DADT to be repealed.

    Those are some major ones I'd like to see and will be pissed if they all aren't done. No use in playing it safe and being pussies about it now dems, get some shit done and progress made. Also don't let it stall and then let the douches coming in take credit for it.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lame duck session...

    Isn't the Dream Act tied in with a repeal of DADT right now? If so I see that as the biggest issue. It is something that has been bantered around for almost a decade now with both sides clarifying the requirements. I would like to see it passed as a stand alone bill and think now it is pretty close to how it should be defined.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #3
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lame duck session...

    Yup, well it was when it was reintroduced in like Sept. I think, they both were in the National Defense Authorization Act? I think that's what it was called. But to my understanding, it will be by itself, I think so anyway and that's supposed to happen like next week or the week after.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lame duck session...

    Online poker legalization may be passed in the lame duck session. To me, online poker is like marijuana to a lesser extent. If it's fully legalized to where the government can tax it and regulate it, everyone will reap economic benefits.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •